Thank you for visiting TexteM!
We are a school for translators & interpreters and a translation agency. We offer top-quality training options for translators & interpreters, with a particular focus on law and business. We have now become a registered Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) examination centre to serve this community even better. If you live in central or eastern Europe, TexteM offers a convenient, accessible location to take this prestigious, internationally recognised exam. The Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) is offered by TexteM in any language combination with English.
- To register for the exam, please email email@example.com for the exam information pack. Please indicate the language in which you wish to take the exam.
- Not sure yet? Please continue reading to find out more about the exam and how to take it at TexteM.
What is the Diploma in Translation (DipTrans)?
- The Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) is an internationally recognised, high-level professional qualification for translators.
- It is accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and is equivalent to a postgraduate degree.
- It provides evidence of outstanding translation skills that is recognised worldwide.
- It opens the doors to an international career and provides an advantage in the competitive translation market.
- For more information on the exam, please visit the official exam page.
Where can I take the exam?
You are very welcome to take the exam in Warsaw (Poland) at TexteM, a registered Examination Centre approved by IoL Educational Trust. We are listed on the official site here. You can also take the exam at any Examination Centre.
When can I take the exam?
The exam takes place once a year, always in January. Registration for the DipTrans 2018 opens on the 1st May. In 2018 the exam dates are:
- Tuesday 16 January 2018 - from all languages into English,
- Wednesday 17 January 2018 - from English into all languages.
The duration is 3 hours for the general paper and 2 hours each for the two specialised papers.
When do I register?
The registration period runs from 1 May to 31 August. It is best to register during this period. We cannot guarantee exam availability for later registrations.
How do I register?
Contact TexteM at firstname.lastname@example.org for the exam information pack. Please indicate the language in which you wish to take the exam. You can also download the information pack from the official exam page.
How much do I pay?
As a candidate, you pay an exam fee and a centre fee.
The exam fees are payable in GBP directly to the IoL Educational Trust (IoLET), the associated charity of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL). For the 2018 exam, the exam fees are:
- Unit 01 Written translation of a general text: GBP 412, Unit 02 Written translation of a semi-specialised text: GBP 305, Unit 03 Written translation of a semi-specialised text: GBP 305
- Any two units booked together: GBP 610
- Full registration (all units): GBP 610
The centre fee is payable to TexteM. It is charged in PLN. In 2018, the centre fees are:
- Unit 1: PLN 246 (which is inclusive of VAT, i.e. PLN 200 net + 23% VAT)
- Unit 2: PLN 246 (which is inclusive of VAT, i.e. PLN 200 net + 23% VAT)
- Unit 3: PLN 246 (which is inclusive of VAT, i.e. PLN 200 net + 23% VAT)
- All 3 units: PLN 553 (which is inclusive of VAT, i.e. PLN 450 net + 23% VAT)
What if I have more questions?
First of all, here is the FAQ page - hopefully it will be of asistance.
Second of all, we will be more than happy to help you find the information you need! Please email us at email@example.com or send an email directly to Anna Konieczna-Purchała, the designated contact person, at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are looking forward to hearing from you!